Forum Archive :
1. Box must at least break even AND beat Captain to retain Box.
2. If Box beats Captain but posts net loss it's a double standup.
3. If Box doesn't double entire Crew simultaneously, Captain must be first
to be doubled (no angling).
4. Beavers, Racoons, and Autos are the norm unless someone says so before
5. Extras, when offered, must always be taken. Otherwise, the player stands
6. No consulting ... ever.
7. A settlement to one is a settlement to all (if cube position is the
8. Drop-takes are allowed.
9. Settle up every ten points (most of the time).
Joe Russell writes:
The house rule regarding a drop-take requires the that a take must be made
before a drop-take can be offered to the taking player by a crew member
behind him in the rotation.
In practice it does not always work out that way. For example, the box
doubles players captain, r1, r2, and r3, and the captain takes, and player
r1 asks the captain if he would like to do a drop-take, and the captain
declines. Player r2 now knows that r1 would like to do a drop-take and
might say I will do it with you.
In such a case a rule violation has occurred and it may be compounded if r1
now takes and r2 drops. If r1 had dropped, and r2 had taken, and r1 then
asked him to do a drop/take, it would have been within the rules.
- Automatic doubles with carryover (Alexander Zamanian, Jan 1999)
- California rule (Peter Anderson+, Nov 2001)
- Captain drops and others take (Grafix8888+, Sept 2000)
- Chouette cube strategy (Stanley E. Richards+, Mar 2011)
- Cube proxy (Ilia Guzei+, June 2003)
- Dream chouette (Phil Simborg+, Sept 2009)
- Extras (Daniel Murphy, Feb 1997)
- Extras (Albert Steg, July 1996)
- Extras (Anthony R Wuersch, Mar 1995)
- Fish-hunt rules (Chuck Bower+, Feb 2006)
- Interlocking chouette (wintom+, Jan 2008)
- Jacoby rule (Doug Doub+, Aug 2005)
- Legal plays only (Gregg Cattanach+, Aug 2001)
- Los Angeles Rules (Joe Russell, Apr 2013)
- Los Angeles Rules (Justin N.+, Aug 2011)
- Lure of the chouette (Bob Koca+, July 2004)
- Mandatory beaver (Roland Scheicher+, Mar 2002)
- Mandatory beaver (David Montgomery, Jan 1999)
- Money management (Albert Steg, Sept 1998)
- Online chouette rules (John Graas, July 2003)
- Order of succession (leobueno+, Aug 2011)
- Order of succession (Albert Steg, June 1995)
- Procedure when captain doubles (Bill Riles+, Feb 2010)
- Split cube actions (Neil Kazaross, June 2003)
- Strategy (Michael J. Zehr, Sept 1998)
- Variable stakes (Christopher Yep+, Apr 2000)
- Waiting for teammate to double (Øystein Johansen+, July 2001)
- When box takes a partner (Dan Pelton+, Mar 2009)
- When does player retain the box? (Daniel Murphy, Jan 1997)
- When is consulting allowed? (Dave+, Mar 2000)