Forum Archive :
I've posted an update of BGLightCE to
http://my.voyager.net/rudnitsky/BGLightCE. This release features a
new installer, added functionality and minor bug fixes.
I'd also like to extend my appreciation to all who have downloaded the
previous version and have generously tested it and provided feedback,
advice, bug reports, feature requests and comments.
BGLightCE is a backgammon game for the Pocket PC that is based on the
Gnu Backgammon gameplay engine.
Beta releases are currently available for the following machines:
- Casio Cassiopeia
- HP Jornada
- Compaq iPAQ
- Compaq Aero 1500
- Symbol Technologies PPT 2700
- Palmax PD-131
- Palmax @migo
- Toshiba e310
Please visit http://my.voyager.net/rudnitsky/BGLightCE for
screenshots, details and downloads.
Andy Rudnitsky writes:
BGLightCE is the strongest computer backgammon available for the
Pocket PC. Its playing strength is equivalent to mgnu_zp playing on
FIBS, which is around 1950.
I'm pleased to announce that BGLightCE has moved to a new website.
Please visit http://bglightce.homelinux.net for the new site. The
site sports a new look, making it easier to find information,
screenshots and downloads.
Additionally, the full source is now available for download under the
Thanks again for everyone's comments and suggestions!
- Html/Php: BG Replay (match replayer) (Paul Stephens, Mar 2005)
- Java: BG-Blitz (player, analyzer) (Frank Berger+, Sept 1998)
- Java: BG-Blitz--How strong? (Misja+, Nov 2005)
- Java: BG-Blitz--How strong? (montygram+, June 2005)
- Java: BG-Blitz--Version 2.0 (Frank Berger+, Apr 2006)
- Java: Chouette calculator (Gamer Cafe Software, June 1997)
- Mac: Expert Backgammon (player) (Butch Meese+, Feb 1993)
- Mac: Play-O-Matic (game replayer) (Paul Ferguson, Feb 1997)
- Palm OS: Agushka (player) (pip_panther, May 2000)
- Palm OS: SlapGammon (player) (GandyDancer+, May 2003)
- Palm OS: SlapGammon (player) (Alan Cairns, Apr 2002)
- Palm OS: SlapGammon (player) (Michael Plog, Jan 2002)
- Windows CE: BGLightCE (Andy Rudnitsky+, Sept 2002)
- Windows: BG by George (player) (Stuart Cracraft+, July 1991)
- Windows: Backgammon Varia (player) (Peter van Campen, Mar 1996)
- Windows: Backgammon-To-Lose (Gamer Cafe Software, Mar 1998)
- Windows: Blowfish (analyser) (Mike Rudman, Dec 2001)
- Windows: Cybergammon (player) (John S Mamoun, Jan 1998)
- Windows: Database interface (Hugh Sconyers, Jan 1998)
- Windows: Dueller (bot-vs-bot intermediary) (Tony Lezard, Oct 2002)
- Windows: Exact Bearoff (analyzer) (Michel Grimminck, Dec 1999)
- Windows: Jellyfish 3.0 (player, analyzer) (Fredrik Dahl, June 1997)
- Windows: MVP Backgammon (player) (Michael Quinn, Feb 1996)
- Windows: Monte Carlo (player) (Gamer Cafe Software, June 1998)
- Windows: Penguin backgammon (player) (Pojchara Jatupoj, Sept 2003)
- Windows: Sconyers's bearoff database (Hugh Sconyers+, June 2003)
- Windows: Snowie 3 (player, analyzer) (André Nicoulin, Dec 1999)
- Windows: Soumille, The First Trictrac Program (David Levy, May 2003)