Forum Archive :
Magazines & E-zines
Gammonline has 3 parts:
1. An online match, Kit Woolsey vs. everybody else. Kit comments on
most of the players' plays and some of his own. We've just started the
twenty-fourth online match.
2. A discussion group where members discuss the online match, play/cube
problems, bots, match play and theory, tournaments/rules, and other
topics. Participants range from World Class to Novice.
3. An archive of
(a) 117 articles, mostly written by Kit Woolsey, last written
(b) 54 monthly quizzes, 8 problems each with solutions/comments by
Kit and Expert Panel
(c) the first 23 online matches with Kit's comments and Snowie
(d) 1 annotated match
(e) 626 positions where Snowie and GNU BG disagreed, analyzed by
Snowie 3, Snowie 4, GNU BG, Jellyfish, rolled out by Snowie
Kit has no plans to continue writing articles or preparing monthly
quizzes, which is why the membership fee is now a one-time $36 payment,
not $36 per year.
Gregg Cattanach writes:
Raccoon is correct, but there are many more than the annotated match.
In many of the back 'issues', there was an annotated match included.
GammonLine is a brilliant resource, and there is always great discourse
on the bulletin board regarding the on-line match and many other
situations that people post. The smarts of the average poster is very
The back issues go from July 1999 to Nov 2003.
Magazines & E-zines
- BlotBlog (Jens Göring, Apr 2006)
- GammonLife (Michael Strato, July 2006)
- List of articles (Mika Johnsson, Sept 1993)
- Available newsletters (Robert A. Meese, Jr., May 1993)
- Backgammon Today (Mario Kühl, Apr 2002)
- Essential Backgammon (Dan Frank, Mar 1998)
- GammOnLine (Raccoon+, Jan 2006)
- GammOnLine (sevenout+, May 2004)
- GammOnLine (JP White+, Apr 2000)
- GammOnLine (Adam V+, Nov 1999)
- GammOnLine announcement (Kit Woolsey+, June 1999)
- GammOnLine--Sold to Play65 (Daniel Murphy+, June 2007)
- GammonVillage announcement (Michael Strato, Dec 1999)
- GammonVillage vs. GammOnLine (Albert Silver, Sept 2003)
- Inside Backgammon (Chuck Bower, Oct 1997)
- Inside Backgammon R.I.P. (Chris Bray, June 1999)